IF YOU LIVE AT THE BIVOUAC*:
- A tent (ideally: quick setup (in 2 min) self-supporting dome construction with Fresh&Black technology, gives shadow and protects from sunshine in hot weather);
- Sleeping bag (compact, light, with temperature rating -5C);
- Camping foam pad or self-inflating mattress;
- Headlamp or flashlight.
* Camping equipment expenses are borne by journalists themselves. Journalists are responsible for pitching and taking down the tents.
Responsibility for safety of personal belongings is carried by journalist only.
IF YOU LIVE AT THE HOTEL:
- Please note that it is not recommended to carry big structured suitcase.
- It is better to use either small luggage bag or wheeled travel bag or soft bag.
- Do not bring unnecessary things. If you want to take something extra, ask those, who have already participated in rally. Most things are useless.
- The worst thing that may happen during rally is to OVERSLEEP!!! Be sure to bring portable alarm clock and set two alarms a day. The race crosses several time zones, so the time will change, please pay attention to it.
- Portable power banks must be capacity of LESS than 10,000 AM. That means that 9,999 is allowed and 10,000 may be seized by customs.
MUST-BRING THINGS AT THE BIVOUAC:
- Baseball cap, bandana, hat – at your choice;
- Buff, neckpiece, handkerchief – to protect your neck from sunburn;
- Shower shoes;
- Sneakers and/or tracking boots;
- Thick jacket (fleece);
- Wind jacket (raincoat);
- Sweatpants or similar;
- Pants (cargo, see picture);
- Set of socks (one pair for each day);
- Swimming suit;
- Wear for gala dinner (women: cocktail dress and high heels, men: shirt (polo), dress pants, jacket);
- Sunglasses (better to bring two pairs);
- Personal medications (if necessary);
- Panthenol, activated charcoal tablets (Filtrum), band aid (anything else can be found at our medical);
- Sanitary (better to bring them in separate bag);
- Personal towel, soap;
- Wet wipes;
- Hand sanitizer;
- Ear plugs for sleeping;
- Chargers for all your devices: 2 for smartphone (plus a set of charging cables), for computer, for camera;
- Adapters 220V to charge your devices in the car;
- Hand watch;
- DOCUMENTS!!! + 2 document copies (to pack separately from originals, to upload scan copies in cloud storage);
- Cash in rubles, Chinese yuan (for personal needs);
- Flight kit (neck pillow, eye mask, ear plugs).
- Rain protection for your shoes (your can find in internet)